Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Cranking up for Christmas

I've found that the holiday shopping season is a great time to hit the thrift stores and antique stores, while everyone else is at the mall. We have a goal this year of getting our Christmas shopping started and finished before the last minute, and so far we are on track.

As always, it is good to pray before shopping, for guidance in what to buy and what not to buy. On my most recent trip, I made my most astonishing find on a second pass through a section I had already looked over.

The other nice thing about thrift shopping is unexpectedly coming across some things that are just like the things my family used to have.

I've also found time to try out the scroll saw. It had been waiting for three months for someone to spend ten minutes bolting it down to the workbench. So far I've managed to change the blade and saw out a little project without breaking the new blade or shedding blood; those physics shop classes were good for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment