Monday, January 9, 2017

Learning to love home in the new year

I've been spending a lot of time on the post-holiday/new-year transition, using a hybrid approach, based loosely on The Nester, Apartment Therapy, and FlyLady.

It occurred to me that these authors and some others could be summarized (in a vastly over-simplified, one-dimensional way) by what they have taught me to love about homemaking:

The Nester (Myquillyn Smith) taught me to love new beginnings in my home.
Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan of Apartment Therapy taught me to love the structure of my home.
FlyLady (Marla Cilley), as well as Sandra Felton, taught me to love myself and my family enough to keep me from getting overwhelmed by homemaking.
Marie Kondo taught me to love my possessions.
Edith Schaeffer taught me to love the creative work of homemaking.
Cheryl Mendelson taught me to love the technical work of housekeeping.
Brenda Nuland and Anna and many others taught me to pursue Beauty at home.
Sallie Borrink taught me to love being at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment