Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Raw materials!

Family members handed down to me a bag or two of some quilter's old fabric and thread stash...dating from the early '90s, by the look of the fabric patterns.

Some of the fabric I simply cut up and put in the kitchen wipes jar.

The rest I sorted out and started thinking about using.

One piece was just about enough for a blouse, minus the sleeves, but there was also a coordinating piece of fabric that was just big enough for the sleeves.

With the homemade blouse pattern that I have, it now takes me roughly three hours of working time to sew a blouse.  (Or, in real time, about three days.)  I finished sewing it yesterday, and I'm wearing it now.

The collar is a little goofy (as usual), and it's a bit too long, but otherwise it turned out well.

There are two smaller pieces of fabric in the stash that I started putting together into a hat.

Also there are three or four smaller pieces that I think would work well for a baby garment.

I'm going to have to look at the other larger pieces again, to see what other possibilities there might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment