Monday, August 13, 2018

A surprise

Tucked in with the handed-down stash of quilting fabric that I received recently were some odds and ends of sewing needles and notions, including a number of safety pins.

My grandmother gave me a little box of safety pins before I went off to college, and I still have most of them. They came in very handy at times.

But I was surprised, when I started using these new safety pins, how much flimsier they were than the older ones. I estimate that they are about half as strong as the older ones, in terms of the pull that they will withstand before bending and springing open.  Maybe even less than that.

Isn't it wonderful how modern technology has brought us so many ways to make things not only much cheaper, but much less useful as well.  /sarcasm


No comments:

Post a Comment