Saturday, July 20, 2019

Toilet seat paint job update

This summer I gave the toilet seat another repainting; it really needed it.

Looking back at my original post on this, and the one on the repainting after that, it looks like a toilet seat paint job will last for about six months in my busy household.

The initial cost was about $8, and I think I still have enough primer and paint left to do one more round. So it is costing us about $2 per six months, or $4 per year, to keep the current toilet seat going. That doesn't count the labor involved, which is roughly two hours each time, though much of that is 
spent waiting for the paint to dry enough to put on the next coat.

A new seat would last us 3-4 years, and would cost something like $10 per year. That puts my "hourly wage" for this work at maybe $1.50 per hour, which is lower than what I usually aim for.

No comments:

Post a Comment