Monday, February 24, 2020

Workaround for Firefox menu bar and menus disappearing too quickly

By "too quickly", I mean long before I can click on anything, and often too quickly for the menu to even be seen.

My internet research on how to solve this issue was educational in a number of ways, but my search has so far been unsuccessful.  The most promising solution was to unplug the mouse cord and plug it back in, but even that didn't help in my case.

I did think of an outside-the-Firefox-box trick, though:

Open enough other applications to slow the computer way down, so that the menus stay up long enough to be clicked on.

For me, it made sense to close Firefox first (by closing all the tabs), open the other applications, and then start up Firefox, so its window would be on the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment