Monday, July 20, 2020

Musical chairs

Recent months have been hard on our mixed collection of dining room chairs.  My favorites are the vintage chairs with welded metal frames, which are mostly monkey-proof. One needs its vinyl seat repaired, after getting new vinyl in 2016, and the others soon will need repair, too.  Of the wooden chairs, one has a cracked back, another has a cracked back and a broken back post/stile, and yet another had also had a broken back for a long time, but it was such a chintzy chair to begin with that I just wound rope around it and kept using it. Now its joints are beginning to loosen up.

So I've begun to "shop the house" for replacement chairs. One of the wooden chairs traded places with a chair in my bedroom. There are two so-so chairs in the basement that I might bring upstairs. There is also the enire back from a free-at-the-side-of-the-road oak chair, which perhaps could replace the back on the super-chintzy chair.

For buying chairs, my first place to look at around here would be the Habitat for Humanity ReStore, which sometimes prices things very low.


No comments:

Post a Comment