Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Reconstructions

I found a solid-color plastic plate to serve as a tray on the bathroom counter, and it is working much better visually than the patterned one did.

Our neighbors decluttered their grown children's school and art supplies, and gave us two boxes worth.

My mother-in-law dropped off a chair that she had found and painted for us. 

I just finished reading an older book called Tested by Fire. It's the remarkable story of singer and businessman Merrill Womach, who was terribly burned in a plane crash.

The other day I cut out some butterfly appliques from a patterned fabric, and experimented with sticking them up on the wall with plain water.  Most of them fell down after an hour, but one stayed up for almost three days.

I made a sort of tacked-down slipcover for a upholstered chair seat. I had to piece the fabric together, using almost every last scrap. Then I put it on the seat upside down and pinned it at the seams, taking care to put in the pins so that they would be easy to take out while sewing. I used chalk to mark the actual sewing lines before taking it off the seat for sewing.

When the cover was ready, I stapled it to the underside of the chair where I could, and hand-sewed it to the original upholstery where I couldn't.















o

No comments:

Post a Comment