Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Finished the Mobius scarf

This is the project that I mentioned here. I reached the necessary length (sixty inches) sooner than I expected. It is narrower than the ten inches recommended by Elizabeth Zimmermann. A half twist, and join the ends. This size of scarf can go twice around the neck, or once around the neck and then up and around the head.  I am still learning how to wear it gracefully, but it is warm.



The stitch is Porcupine Stitch, from Barbara Walker's A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns. I saved my sanity with this fuzzy yarn by substituting (slip 1 stitch purlwise, purl 2 together, pass slipped stitch over) for the purl 3 togethers. I made mistakes in the pattern, especially at first, but it's not obvious in the finished product. I also ran out of yarn twice, so there are three different yarns in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment