Saturday, June 22, 2019

Laundry basket to boot tray

We had an old, broken, plastic, rectangular laundry basket that I was cutting into pieces so it would go into the trash bin more easily. Then I noticed that the bottom of it was not broken, and was shaped an awful lot like the kind of boot tray that I have been wanting to buy for quite a while.

So I sawed off the sides of the basket with a hand saw, and then used a knife to even out the sawn edges, cutting away from myself because the plastic was not cutting evenly and smoothly. And that was it.

This is not a perfect solution, because as a boot tray it holds precisely two and a half pairs of adult footwear, and we still have at least half a dozen pairs of assorted shoes kicking around on the landlord's carpet remnant inside our front door. But it is progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment