Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Tis the season now

I haven't been feeling the Christmas spirit much, but I finally just turned on some Christmas music and pulled out our two boxes of Christmas decorations, to see what I could put up around the house.  I also pulled out my Joy sign, which can be seen in this post.

I have several ideas for Christmas crafts, but am only just getting started on them.  

The one I did complete wasn't one that I planned.  My husband found a bagged-up broken necklace in his office.  I took the beads, and I strung them on memory wire to make a bracelet that I will give as a Christmas gift.

The memory wire is from a package that I bought at Hobby Lobby quite a while back.  It has a lot of flexibility, but when it is released, it returns to a more or less flat coil.  It's not suitable for younger children, because it will only take so much abuse before breaking.  Also, some beads are too heavy for it to really support well, and some beads have rather sharp edges around their holes that will likely weaken the wire.

I had a tiny helper for this project, and it appears that we have another child with exceptional fine-motor skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment