Thursday, February 8, 2018

Sabbatical project: Shower curtain from remnants

A lady at church had some decorating fabric left over from making new curtains, and handed it down to me.

I had to think about where in the house I might use it; different rooms in this house are rooted in different decades, and some of them don't accommodate modern decor very well.

Then I realized that the most modern room in the house is the bathroom, which was redone just before we moved in.

So I ended up sewing the remnants together into a shower curtain:



You can see where I overlapped the selvage edges.

I had been wanted something a little better than the shower curtain we had, anyway, because its colors didn't quite coordinate with the bathroom colors.

The new curtain is a bit short, and is almost too heavy for the tension rod. But it looks nice.

There were also smaller scraps of a similar but brighter fabric, which I hemmed and made into curtains for one of the windows in the downstairs bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment