Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Fix it or lose it

I've been playing a game around the house that I call "Fix It or Lose It". This is for our possessions within the house, not for the house itself.

So far I have repaired a wooden toy and a child's rocking chair, and I have decided not to repair (or re-repair) another wooden toy and another chair, because I couldn't fix them well enough for them to last much longer.

Repairs are not always something that you can just push through on the spot. Sometimes you have to wait for the right time, energy, parts, tools, or ideas. For the rocking chair, that meant not fixing it first thing in the morning yesterday; I didn't have the energy. Later in the day, I went back to it and everything came together without too much trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment