Monday, January 13, 2020

Blanket storage, and other things

I found a place for the ten or so blankets of various sizes that were generally to be found on the floor:  the large TV cabinet that houses a smallish TV that we are not yet using. The blankets fit nicely, and they are accessible, and so far most of the children don't know that they're in there.

I also finished spending my Christmas money. One of the things I decided to buy was a new dish drainer; not the one on the counter for clean dishes, which I turned around to make look less worn, but the one that I keep in one side of the sink to collect dirty dishes and utensils that need to be handwashed. (For some reason this system confuses almost everyone.) This one was much more worn than the other, after eight years of use.

But the store that I had the gift card to continues to be hopeless as a place to shop for practical things, so I just bought beauty products that are a bit beyond the minimum that I usually buy. That was fun.

I found the dish drainer that I wanted at the hardware store, instead. They even had one in a "bisque" color that would match the sink, but I chose to stay with white.

I've noticed that I have not really been into doing creative things lately, only reading about them. So I went to the library and got some more books about things that I want to think about, but certainly not do right now, such as making bobbin lace. One of the books that I got recently was an Elizabeth Goudge book that mentioned Honiton lace; now I have a much better idea of what she meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment