Saturday, March 14, 2020

Finished the chair

The main difficulty was that the fabric I used to cover the chair has little ability to stretch, which made it difficult to ease it around the various curves of the seat and the back.

I also ran out of tacks, and had to do some hunting to find more staples for the staple gun.

Then one of the screws for the arms stripped badly when I was putting the arm back on; not one of the original screws, but someone's replacement screw that was a bit too large.

But now that the chair is done and in place, with a sheepskin draped over the back, it fits in with the rest of the room. The "too yellow" fabric just looks sunny. It has been a cloudy and dark winter.

For the padding on the back, I again crocheted a "rug"; this time of jersey fabrics. It used a lot of fabric, but not all that I had. The "rug" itself didn't look bad, but I wanted a surface that is more washable, durable, and not continually shedding little bits of lint. 

Cost for this project was zero, as I used only things that we already had.

No comments:

Post a Comment