Sunday, July 19, 2020

Finished...maybe

I finished the blouse, but discovered a new way to make the collar come out goofy. A look at my pattern drawing textbook helped me to draw up a better collar pattern, but in my haste somewhere along the way, it ended up a couple of inches too long...and I decided to deal with that by putting in a couple of tucks to see how it would turn out, instead of just seam-ripping it out and starting over.

I placed the tucks at the shoulder seams, which made squarish corners in the collar. That in itself came out tolerably well, but the collar height is too high, and visually there is just way too much of it.

For that reason, I am going to take it off and start over.

The interfacing worked out fairly well, although I need to plan out more carefully where it should go, and where it shouldn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment