Monday, January 16, 2023

Tying up loose ends

I finished the coat.  The recipient reports that it feels like a life jacket.  I tried it on myself, and it's not quite that bad.

After that, I moved on to getting a number of things around the house into better order, and getting some deep cleaning done.

That was interrupted by a domestic crisis, which the landlord promptly dealt with.  He mentioned that the first floor layout was different when he bought the house, which explains some of its quirks around the dining area. 

Now I'm back to getting things done.  Today I mended an old kitchen towel, and then boiled it in water and baking soda to see what would come off it.

The water turned brown, I couldn't see the bottom of the saucepan, and I only boiled it a couple of minutes. 

A few years ago I tried something similar with washed bath towels in the bathtub, and the results were the same.

I think I need a laundry stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment