Thursday, June 1, 2023

Branching out

I set up the big willow basket, found an old smoker lid to turn upside down for a planter inside it, and then I set up a stack of hardwood pieces from old armchair innards as a base for the smoker lid.  I ended up filling it with water toys, and not dirt, though.  

We had a yard sale, and did poorly money-wise, besides my mother-in-law buying two willow wreaths that I had made, and one child running a lemonade stand that did well.  Child charges 25 cents per cup, but many people pay with paper money and say to keep the change.  With the yard sale, the problem was mostly that we didn't have a lot of stuff to draw people in.

We went to a number of yard sales ourselves, and found some useful items.  Children bought fishing equipment and a large vintage crank-driven ice-cream maker.  I bought an oak table, boxes of nails, and some tools.  At free piles we found some fabrics, greeting cards, and books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment