Thursday, January 18, 2018

Read the manual...again

At the beginning of the new year, I was reading my sewing machine's manual and reviewing all the fancy stitches and features that I never use. I noticed in the basic instructions, that I had been making a small but consistent error in threading the machine, by not pulling the thread fully into one of the thread guides. I've had the machine for six or seven years, and I've been making that error the entire time. Sometimes it caused problems with sewing, although usually not.

There was another one, a few months ago. We received a steamer/rice cooker as a wedding gift. I memorized the amounts of water and rice needed, after a few uses, and used it for years. Then my husband came along and read the instructions, and pointed out that I had been using the recipe for a different kind of rice than I was actually cooking. The correct recipe yields a somewhat larger of amount of rice, and works out better for our now-larger family.

No comments:

Post a Comment