Friday, February 2, 2018

Learning to live in the house that I have

I have worked hard over the years to make our household routines more streamlined and efficient, but I continue to find new ways to optimize them.  Each house or apartment that we have lived in has had its own quirks that we have had to learn about and adapt to. Plus our family has done a lot of growing and growing up over the years, which has driven plenty of changes in the household organization.

A recent change I made was to put a small trash can within reach of the family room (behind the baby gate to the laundry room, out of toddler reach). This room has needed a trash can for a long time, but never had one before.

Another change was to start heating the water for my morning tea and the water for the children's hot cereal at the same time. We haven't had a teakettle for some time now, so I had fallen into the habit of making the tea, and then the hot cereal. But now we have two saucepans instead of just one, so I might as well use them.

"What is working here? What is not working? How can I make this better? How can I take good care of this?"--all good questions to keep asking at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment