Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Quick Valentine's dessert: Strawberry Glob

A couple from church brought us a meal after the baby was born, and something they called "strawberry glob" for dessert. The internet doesn't seem to know what that is, but it was delicious, and I made something similar to it today for Valentine's Day dessert.

Basically, it is strawberries mashed up and mixed into some sort of a creamy base with some sugar. For mine, I used mostly plain yogurt, plus some sour cream. We had several almost-empty containers of yogurt that needed to be used up anyway, and a package of strawberries in the freezer. I thawed the strawberries, mixed them and mashed them in, and added sugar to taste.

I am going to request the real recipe from them, and I will post it if it is much different than my guess.

-------------------------

Update:  Actual recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment