Monday, January 21, 2019

A good start

I'm gone back to the practice of writing three pages by hand each morning--the "morning pages" from The Artist's Way, by Julia Cameron. It is a very helpful practice, on a number of levels:

Emptying my brain of thoughts that it just wants a chance to say

Capturing the tasks that need to be done, and getting them on my to-do list

Stopping other activities long enough to get the perspective to determine which of those tasks I should actually do, and which I need not do, or really shouldn't

Processing incomplete thinking, and harvesting and recording the conclusions

Loving myself by actually listening to myself; which is a prerequisite to loving others

Connecting to the Spirit of God, and listening to what He has to say



With those things done, it is then easier to focus my efforts on getting things done, both practically and creatively.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment