Monday, October 19, 2020

Apples!

We've been blessed this year by a couple of families who have shared the fruits of their apple trees with us.  And then some, because their trees are very tasty varieties.

Earlier in the fall, they gave us more than a five-gallon bucket full, and then last week my husband went out with a crew of helpers, and came back with something like five bushels more.

So we've been making applesauce, and dehydrated apples, and apple pie filling, and apple juice, and apple crunch, and filling up all our freezer containers. 

---------------------------

The other thing I've been working on is making a little more storage space in our living room, for everyone's little odds and ends. I was thinking of building some sort of shelf for this, but decided that it would be better just to make better use of the tall, narrow, mostly empty bookshelf that is in there. So I made a new shelf to replace one that I originally left out, because of an awkwardly placed knot in the wood, and I am thinking about how to make baskets.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment