Saturday, October 3, 2020

Fall

 Following the advice of The Nester, I foraged in the yard for branches and flowers to make into a fall flower arrangement.  I'd say my efforts were moderately successful; I had to go out and get a few more branches to fill out a skimpy place, and one of the flowers that I am using is 97% dead already.

-------------------------------

While hunting in the depths of a closet, I found a pine cone wreath that I had forgotten about, and hung it up. It has had a remarkable effect in making the decor around it visible again. Sometimes you just need a bit of a change.

-------------------------------

I've been re-reading a book by Deborah Burnett from twenty years ago. I don't know much about her, but I am finding her advice on intense and thorough visualization and creative problem-solving helpful, along with her emphasis on timeless design principles.  It turns out that she still has a website with lots of good ideas, plus a few not-so-good ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment