Thursday, December 19, 2019

The usual

My life lately has mostly consisted of maintenance:  the usual cleaning, tightening loose screws, and troubleshooting appliances.

I also finished knitting the hat I am giving for a Christmas present, and I looked up how to make the pompom for it. I have an additional little knitting project going on with the leftover yarn.

I cut another jar's worth of kitchen wipes, from fabric that I have no other use for, with the assistance of a tiny human who was happy to have the job of putting them into the jar.

The older children have been taking on some of the snackmaking work; wacky cake and popcorn, so far this week.

Wacky cake is very easy to make, and doesn't require milk or eggs, although we do use milk in ours, instead of water.  The recipe I use is in this post.

My husband's work had some kind of a catered lunch, and he brought home quite a bit of leftover pasta and salad and bread from it, easily enough for two meals.

One of his co-workers has the interest, time, ability, tools, and space to work on cars, and has been helping him do some of the work that needs to be done on our aging vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment