Friday, February 4, 2022

Excursions

I happened to be near a discount grocery recently, which has dented and slightly outdated and discontinued groceries, and I found some good deals.  They had a sign up explaining the differences between Best By, Use By, and Sell By dates.

The regular grocery store has a few shelves here and there with similar deals.  They took down their signs about supply issues, and seemed better stocked this week.

I turned the thermostat down two degrees, but I'm not sure the savings in natural gas is worth the cost of the extra food my family will be eating to keep warm.

I recycled an old memory foam mattress topper into cushions for a rocker.  It has a temporary cover made from velvet curtains safety-pinned and sewn with long stitches (basted), until I find the fabric I want to use for it.

My husband has been playing with tin can camping stoves.  One design could hold a beer can stove like I made some years ago.


1 comment:

  1. I've tried the turning down the thermostat thing. I found that we were all less productive because we were cold. Since we are self-employed at home and homeschool, being comfortable is a high priority. I'd rather save money somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete