Friday, February 18, 2022

One small step at a time

We finally have matching light bulbs in each bathroom light fixture.

I glued a broken chair and drawer (not to each other), and put them back into service.

The dress project is nearly complete.  The directions had me sew in each sleeve inside-out for fitting, and then disassemble the seams and re-sew the right way.  I also managed at one point to sew one side of the zipper half an inch higher than the other side, which took some time to correct.

I've also been looking at my homemade armchair, which is more comfortable than it looks, at least for me, and thinking about giving it a wider back and seat to make it a couch.  The couch that it originally went with it is unusable until the sides are rebuilt, and it is too large for the living room here.

Really what I need here is a sort of freestanding window seat, with storage both above and below.

I've started saving dryer lint and chip bags for future projects.

There was a household hint in a recent Reader's Digest to put a ball of aluminum foil in the dryer to cut the static electricity.  I didn't really notice any difference in the static cling, but after a number of loads, the ball of foil is much smoother and denser, and looks a lot less like aluminum foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment