Sunday, March 29, 2015

Curtain twine

The curtains for the bedroom have buttonholes across their tops. I've been thinking about what to use for rings or ties.  Yesterday, while looking for something else, I came across some natural-fiber twine, dyed green, that I picked up at a rummage sale years and years ago, and then never found a good use for. I cut the twine into identical lengths quickly by wrapping it around a book of the right height, and then cutting across. I strung each length through a buttonhole and knotted it. I discovered that the curtain rods would extend a good distance wider than the windows, which I wanted. The curtains are also much longer than the windows, and are now a dominant feature in the room. I am now thinking about whether or not to line the curtains, which are somewhat loosely woven. I have a spare white sheet, but it is not opaque enough, so I think I will use that (in a double layer) for a clothing project instead...I've reached the stage of pregnancy where I'm getting tired of wearing my clothes that still fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment