Monday, April 20, 2015

Using your home for its purpose

The decorating and furnishing of a home should support the functions of the home as a whole, and of each room in it.  One of our goals in this house is to support my husband's gift of hospitality and have people over much more often. Yesterday we had eight adults and thirteen children together at once; a bit chaotic, but not overwhelming.  We used almost every fork and chair that we have, and had an inexpensive potluck meal.  This particular house has enough space in the main living areas to accommodate a large group, and that seems to be one reason why God led us here.

I see the need, though, for me to establish a hospitality preparation checklist. My husband is quite oblivious to what (to me) obviously needs to be done before we have people over.

No comments:

Post a Comment