Thursday, April 18, 2019

Back to sewing

This week is ridiculously overscheduled, but I finally got clear enough to get back into making things.

I finished the embroidery portion of a project that I started several years ago, making several long panels that I intend to assemble into a tiered skirt.

I did a review of my wardrobe notebooks, and made a list of things that I need to make, replace, alter, or buy.

One of the smaller projects on the list was to trim the edges of a sweater that I had turned into a cardigan; it just needed a little something more to look finished. I had some ribbon yarn left over from the armchair-reupholstering project, and the colors went together well, so I used that.

My mother-in-law gave me two grocery bags of fabric scraps, and I have been thinking about what to do with them. There was a partially-deconstructed flannel shirt, which I am making into some new cloth napkins; there was enough fabric for five or six.  My goal is to have about twenty napkins altogether; about half a dozen need to be replaced.

I think there are one or two pieces of fabric in the bags that are large enough for a blouse. Most of the rest is headed for quilt squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment