Saturday, August 10, 2019

Nearly there

A few things remain to be done in our school room, but it is almost done.  My to-do list:

1.  Find or make a runner to replace the carpet remnants. I've found fabrics around the house with approximately the color I want, and have spread them out there to test it, and it does work well there. The challenge is that our budget is still basically zero. I have some materials that I could use to make a rug, but it would take a lot of dye to get the color I want.

2.  One of the lamps is a bit puny for the place it is in.  Also, its shade is beginning to fall apart.

3.  Make "an art" to go in that last empty piece of wall.

While I've been thinking about or waiting on these things, I've been getting back into some other projects, mostly sewing; the point of having the room "done" is so that the business of living can go on without having to think about it too much. I sewed some summer toddler clothes from my mother-in-law's leftover quilt fabrics, and turned an old knit skirt into a T-shirt for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment