Thursday, August 22, 2019

What I've been doing instead of exercising

August is not my favorite month. But since it is miserably hot, it is a good time for taking on a miserable project or two.

We had a small upholstered chair with worn-out fabric, sagging webbing, and, as I found when I started tearing into it, foam padding that was turning into powder.  Over the course of a week or two, I stripped it all the way down to the frame, and then dismantled the frame.

It was messy work, what with the dust and powdered foam. Also, de-upholstering involves dealing with large numbers of pointy little staples and nails and screws, most of which are difficult to remove.

In the end, what I am keeping from the chair is a small pile of fabric, a small pile of rough-sawn hardwood from the frame, and a few screws.  Also, I am keeping the legs. I try to bring things into my house that are made of good materials, ones that I can re-use later.

No comments:

Post a Comment