Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Surfaces and accessories

The next step in the process of cozy-minimalization was to deal with the surfaces in the room. Some surfaces I am intentionally keeping empty, as places to put things down, or just to leave clear for breathing room. Most of the remaining surfaces are either for holding stacks of books, or various people's projects. So there was very little accessorizing that needed to be done, and I only used things that we already had.

Plants fall under the category of accessories, but I had mine in place already. I did repot one of them into a larger and nicer planter.

There were several leftover items that found homes in other parts of the house.

I found a mirror at the thrift store, to replace the one I took from my bedroom closet. It happened to be on sale, so the cost was just over $5. It is faux vintage, but still endearing in its inauthenticity, and I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment