Saturday, November 9, 2019

A poncho and a headband

I did a very quick and very simple sewing project:  a child-sized poncho out of remnant fabric. I knew that you can make a poncho by joining two rectangles of fabric; the geometry is a little awkward, but I figured out how to do it.

There's a diagram here, third image in the post.

The recipient of the poncho looks very cute in it.

I also did a relatively quick knitting project:  a headband in garter stitch, to go under the hat I made. Sometimes I want a bit more over my ears than I am getting from the hat. I had enough yarn left from the hat for two-thirds of the headband, and then I found a similar color in my stash to finish it off. Once again, I'm glad that I taught myself how to knit in the continental style, which is much faster; I was able to start and finish the headband on the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment