Monday, January 5, 2015

Nesting

I've been following The Nester's blog for a while, and her book The Nesting Place:  It Doesn't Have to be Perfect to be Beautiful was on my Christmas list.

Well, I got it. And I have read through it once. Now I am going to have to go back and re-read it. There are some parts of it that I am going to have to take some quiet time to think about and cry my eyes out over, because she touched right on several sore spots in my soul. Renting in one place after another after another when you are really a homeowner at heart:  been there, done that, still there. Discovering that you've been filling up the rental with stupid cheap junk just to cover up all the ugliness and blandness:  that too. Despairing of being able to decorate at all when you are raising a succession of Destructo-Babies on a very tight budget:  yes, definitely. Thinking that your home isn't presentable until it is perfect:  who, me? I don't connect very well with her personal style, but her decorating philosophy is exactly what I have been trying to implement for a long time. I highly, highly recommend this book.

Then, I read about Brenda's Word for 2015 from God. I asked God for a Word of my own, and it came to me right away:  HOME. Oh my, I am bawling again. I've lived in over a dozen different apartments and houses since college, and now we're getting ready to move again.

No comments:

Post a Comment