Monday, June 11, 2018

WiaW: Day 1

My first day of actual sewing, for my "Wardrobe in a Week" effort. Today I focused on getting a number of small repairs and alterations done, which moved seven items of clothing out of my to-do pile and back into my closet:

2 bras repaired; mended a rip and replaced a missing hook and (with needlenose pliers) bent one of the other hooks back to something like its original shape

replaced a button on a pajama top

did a line of simple embroidery around the neckline of a (previously homemade) T-shirt

repaired some embroidery on the neckline of a different (also homemade) T-shirt

made over a skirt to be shorter and narrower, to serve as an underskirt for my two wrap skirts

took out a goofy-looking side seam on another skirt, and sewed it back up


I also got a few other things done:

soaked an older T-shirt in Oxyclean (I am not an affiliate of anything) to see if it helped...it did, a little

washed and dried the quilting fabric I bought, to preshrink it before sewing

drew up a quick pattern for a camisole, and cut the fabric; started sewing, but doubt that it is going to go well with this particular fabric (very thin)

again looked over several of the remaining items of clothing to be dealt with, and decided what to do with them




No comments:

Post a Comment