Friday, June 15, 2018

WiaW: Day 5

Tomorrow will be my last working day of my "Wardrobe in a Week".  Today I:

put my homemade interfacing (painted fabric) into a collar--by basting it onto the top edge, and covering it with another layer of the shirt fabric (left over from when I made the shirt last year); the interfacing seems to have about the right amount of stiffness, and the collar looks much better

ironed (!) two skirts that are cut on the bias, which have a problem with the hem rolling up about three times over, making the skirts a bit too short; this needs a more permanent solution

made another working-around-home skirt from start to finish, after realizing that the one I started before (of coarse woven polyester) will be much too heavy and hot for summer wear; this one from cotton from a handed-down duvet cover

sewed up a small hole in a T-shirt

made a minor alteration to a homemade nursing bra

did an experiment with joining the legs of homemade tights (which had holes in the heels) to the feet of socks that I really didn't like that much as socks


I also had some accomplishments in deciding what not to do as I finish up this week:

not sewing the polyester skirt, as already mentioned

not sewing two blouses that I had planned on making; they can wait until fall

not sewing a full set of new underwear, only repairing what I already have


No comments:

Post a Comment