Tuesday, June 5, 2018

WiaW: Planning Session 2

"Wardrobe in a Week" planning in my homemade blank book continues....

I made a clothing inventory, listed by Item, Condition, and Actions. So far, I've done this entirely from memory while the baby was napping in my bedroom; there are some things I need to actually look at and try on.

"Actions" includes the item's needed repairs, along with possible alterations and repurposing. Some things just need to be completely retired.

I also had some fun making drawings of possible color and pattern combinations, based on my actual and potential clothing. A few years ago, I made a set of little clothing silhouettes, like paper dolls' clothes, depicting basic shirt, blouse, skirt, pants, sweater, and jacket shapes. I got these out and traced around them in my planning booklet, then colored them in, in a variety of combinations.

After a while, though, I got tired of carefully tracing my little templates, and just started drawing rectangles, where the top third of a rectangle represents my neck-to-waist portion, and the bottom two-thirds represents my waist-to-ankles portion.  That is not so far from my actual shape, as seen from the front when I am wearing a long skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment