Monday, June 11, 2018

WiaW: Final preparations

I did not get done all of the things that I wanted to, but I got enough done...I think.

I made a trip to the fabric store, and after much deliberation spent my $25 budget on enough quilting cotton to make a skirt, plus elastic for making underwear, and dye. (I have plenty of fabric at home, just in the wrong weaves, fibers, and colors...one of those attributes I can change, although I consider dyes to be too toxic for me to use more than occasionally.)

The cheaper fabrics for sale at the store make more sense if you realize that their true purpose is not to be sewn up and enjoyed, but to drive you to pay more to buy the fabrics that are tastefully designed and useful.

I also spent some time digging through my baskets of fabric just looking, and in making decisions about what I am going to sew this week--including making some more rectangle color sketches to see how various tops and skirts work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment